I updated the XenDesktop Virtual Desktop Agent from 2.0 to the latest build of 2.1 at a client’s site today. After the upgrade the Citrix Password Manager Agent stopped working properly. It would connect to AD at login and appear OK but when an application configured for Password Manager was opened the credentials were not submitted.
Here is what I did to fix this.
- Tried updateting the Password Manager Agent from 4.6.93 to 4.6.94. This didn’t work.
- Uninstalled the Password Manager Agent and rebooted.
- Uninstalled the Virtual Desktop Agent and rebooted.
- Installed the Virtual Desktop Agent and rebooted.
- Installed the Password Manager Agent and rebooted. This fixed the issue.
From now on when updating the VDA uninstall both VDA and Password Manager Agent then reinstall the VDA and then the Password Managaer Agent.